PDA

View Full Version : You had to know this was coming....

Choopy
03-27-2010, 08:42 PM
Due to my strong feelings on recently passed legislation, I started a blog on Sunday. I've never been the blog/excessive writer type, but I am passionate about my politics.
It's linked in my sig.

I have one other guy contributing now. He shares a lot of the same points of view as I do and is a much better writer. So I thought it would be cool to have another point of view on there as well. Since Jitterbug and I have had some very interesting conversations recently on the topic, I invited him to contribute as well.

I am interested in two things:

General feedback on the look and functionality of the site.
Whether it is a good idea to have conflicting points of view on a blog site.

Jitterbug
03-27-2010, 08:45 PM
Due to my strong feelings on recently passed legislation, I started a blog on Sunday. I've never been the blog/excessive writer type, but I am passionate about my politics.
It's linked in my sig.

I have one other guy contributing now. He shares a lot of the same points of view as I do and is a much better writer. So I thought it would be cool to have another point of view on there as well. Since Jitterbug and I have had some very interesting conversations recently on the topic, I invited him to contribute as well.

I am interested in two things:

General feedback on the look and functionality of the site.
Whether it is a good idea to have conflicting points of view on a blog site.

I think it'll be tough for you to have a conflicting viewpoint on the blog. In theory, it's a good idea, but look at how Hannity and Colmes turned out (it would have helped if they wouldn't have paired up Hannity with a-puss-ass-weak-minded-shitty-example-of-a-Liberal Colmes.) People searching the internet for political talk rarely want to see a well thought out perspective that goes against what they believe in. They rage and rage and want to see that other people rage just like they do.

El Mariachi
03-28-2010, 02:41 AM
I honestly always fail when I try to discuss politics.

MrsChupacabra
03-28-2010, 07:00 PM
I totally think it would be fun for you guys. When Don and I discussed this, I told him in my opinion you both seem to have strong personalities. As long as you don't let it interfere with your friendship, I think, Why not?!

Farva
03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
Jitterbug, How dare you have an opinion that differs from mine. You're a sourkraut eating Communist that hates McDonalds, Apple Pie, and My Mother. WHY, WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO TO YOU???

Jitterbug
03-28-2010, 09:02 PM
Jitterbug, How dare you have an opinion that differs from mine. You're a sourkraut eating Communist that hates McDonalds, Apple Pie, and My Mother. WHY, WHAT THE HELL DID SHE DO TO YOU???

Trust me, you don't want to know what she did to me. Just tell her I'll pay her when I get paid next.