PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this?

m-m-m
03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I really don't want the ship forum to be molested by any talk of religion. I've been a part of a lot of forums that get ruined by aggressive holy rollers.

Here's what I think we should do:

Prevent everyone from making anymore posts in this forum.
If anyone ever starts to talk about religion tell them that they have to do it in the religion subforum
When they come back to you and say that they can't, say "Oh yeah, I forgot that we locked it because we really don't want that shit here."

If you want to talk about religion then go to a church!

Jitterbug
03-27-2010, 06:04 PM
LoL, I understand, but believe it or not, I kinda like have debates about religion - provided everyone in it is respectful. However, I also agree that religious debates can ruin forums, which is why I wanted to have a section that was specifically for that sort of thing. That way, if someone start debating religion in the regular forums, we can be like... "Hey, there's a specific section for that."

Deadpool
03-27-2010, 06:09 PM
I really don't want the ship forum to be molested by any talk of religion. I've been a part of a lot of forums that get ruined by aggressive holy rollers.

Here's what I think we should do:

Prevent everyone from making anymore posts in this forum.
If anyone ever starts to talk about religion tell them that they have to do it in the religion subforum
When they come back to you and say that they can't, say "Oh yeah, I forgot that we locked it because we really don't want that shit here."

If you want to talk about religion then go to a church!
You could just...not visit this section of the forum. It's not that hard.

Lokela
03-27-2010, 06:16 PM
..... It's not that hard.

That's what she said.

Seriously, though, I don't mind the religious section or the religion talk. Most of the time I find other people's views on religion interesting. Until they reveal themselves to be tunnel visioned hypocrites, who say that their religion is the one true religion, I say let him discuss it all they want.

m-m-m
03-27-2010, 06:20 PM
You could just...not visit this section of the forum. It's not that hard.That was my first thought ... but then when I saw that there were no post in this section yet, I had to be the first and say what I said ... I don't plan on viewing any other threads that get started in the subforum.

m-m-m
03-27-2010, 06:25 PM
.... I don't mind the religious section or the religion talk. Most of the time I find other people's views on religion interesting. Until they reveal themselves to be tunnel visioned hypocrites, who say that their religion is the one true religion, I say let him discuss it all they want.

well put, but I find that anyone that starts a discussion about religion in a forum is indeed a tunnel visioned hypocrite.

I'm getting a bit pissed at myself just for starting this discussion, come to think of it.

djdsf
03-27-2010, 06:34 PM
As a fail safe, in a case that religious post got out of this thread, we can give a warning to people that have been told before and then just move their post to this forum

Fisherman
03-27-2010, 07:21 PM
As a fail safe, in a case that religious post got out of this thread, we can give a warning to people that have been told before and then just move their post to this forum

And smite them.

Deadpool
03-27-2010, 10:22 PM
And smite them.

Amen.

BlinkinCard41
03-27-2010, 10:29 PM
And smite them.

That is not relevant to my beliefs.

Qwaint
03-28-2010, 02:51 AM
I feel sad that Jesus defeated Thor here in Scandinavia... Now that's a real religion!

MrsChupacabra
03-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Being from "Utah" and all... I appreciate a good ole conversation about religion.

Mostly, I would just like to get out there....
Not everyone from Utah has horns, sleeps with their siblings, or has more than one wife. Believe it or not, not everyone in Utah is Mormon either.

I share my husband's personality trait of "trying to be funny" and we really aren't.

Anyway, I think it is great to always be open to other people's views...

So, why not?

Farva
03-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Thor's got a Hammer, Jesus raises the Dead. Jesus for the win.

And I've not heard any of those rumors from Utah.....glad to know they're not true though. The horse-farming for meat thing is still legit, right?

MrsChupacabra
03-28-2010, 08:05 PM
Thor's got a Hammer, Jesus raises the Dead. Jesus for the win.

And I've not heard any of those rumors from Utah.....glad to know they're not true though. The horse-farming for meat thing is still legit, right?

Yeah, I have never heard that one LOL

It's funny, because once I say to anyone I am from Utah it dominants the conversation with a bunch of odd ball questions that blow me away....

It's refreshing to know that some people have a brain and use it often.

Farva
03-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I have never heard that one LOL

It's funny, because once I say to anyone I am from Utah it dominants the conversation with a bunch of odd ball questions that blow me away....

It's refreshing to know that some people have a brain and use it often.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa Lady.....let's not go making accusations that can be backed up or verified here!

MrsChupacabra
03-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa Lady.....let's not go making accusations that can be backed up or verified here!

Oh sorry... You're right, we wouldn't want that ;)