PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed

Nerves
06-29-2010, 07:30 AM
Obsessed is anew program on A&E about people who have OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder). Each episode they focus on two people and first go through what their OCD is, then they give them a camera to track a day in the life with them, finally they get a plan with a psychologist to help; them overcome their OCD.
This show for me was very intense. I know a couple of people who are pretty OCD, as well as myself, and it is unbelievable the things these people live with every day.
When you find out why they are OCD it is often times due to abuse or the death of a loved one. The trigger is always there somewhere and how they explain their issues is pretty heart wrenching.
It is put together very well and the subject is handled tastefully.
I highly recommend that everyone watch at least one episode of this show.

doworkson176
06-29-2010, 07:52 AM
There is another one on VH1 called The OCD Project. I think both of the these shows are similar but on The OCD Project they do like a group of 6 or 7 people and help them all out.

Jitterbug
06-29-2010, 12:25 PM
I saw one of those shows, where the psychologist was throwing teddy bears at a moving car to try and get the driver to stop worrying about hitting people. Not sure if this is the right show, but I just couldn't stand that guy. It seemed like he was trying to be extreme to make for good TV, and it just seemed to be making fun of the people's problems. That doesn't sound like the show you are describing, Nerves, but if it is then I'll have to give it another shot, because it didn't make a good first impression.

Nerves
06-29-2010, 01:09 PM
There was a person who was afraid to drive on this episode, but it was handled very slowly and tastefully. Not chucking teddy bears. Ride alongs and talking of how she was feeling and what she was going through the whole way. That other one sounds fucked up. Why not traumatize them more, yeah that'll work great in the long term.

Jitterbug
06-29-2010, 02:00 PM
There was a person who was afraid to drive on this episode, but it was handled very slowly and tastefully. Not chucking teddy bears. Ride alongs and talking of how she was feeling and what she was going through the whole way. That other one sounds fucked up. Why not traumatize them more, yeah that'll work great in the long term.

Oh good. I was going to start worrying about your TV tastes if you were that into the show that had the dumbass throwing teddy bears and eating dirty toilet paper. That show is crap.

Then again, you did say you liked V better then Firefly... I still can't forgive you for that one.

Cam-Dog
06-29-2010, 02:49 PM
and eating dirty toilet paper.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Jitterbug
06-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Yeah, seriously. Nasty shit. Pun intended.