PDA

View Full Version : MST3K Is Alive And Well

Jitterbug
03-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Hopefully you all know what Bad Movie Drinky Drinky is all about (drinking beer and making fun of bad movies) and I'm sure you are aware that the inspiration for this came from Mystery Science Theater 3000 - but what you may NOT know is that MST3K is still around!

They aren't called MST3K anymore. Now they go by Cinematic Titanic, but it is the majority of the original cast (sorry Mike Nelson, but you sucked. Joel is the MAN!) If you haven't checked them out yet, do yourself a favor and head over to their site.

http://www.cinematictitanic.com/

Farva
03-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I know it'd make for a late night, but is anyone up for a BMDD after the MW2/Nerves Killing on the 3rd. I had to take the shift off to do the gaming, and it's the only night I'm available for a BMDD in the forseeable future.

Jitterbug
03-27-2010, 02:42 PM
I know it'd make for a late night, but is anyone up for a BMDD after the MW2/Nerves Killing on the 3rd. I had to take the shift off to do the gaming, and it's the only night I'm available for a BMDD in the forseeable future.

That's not a bad idea. We'd all be sauced enough at that point! And I'm sure Nerves could use a stress reliever!! I'll see if he's up for it.

Farva
03-27-2010, 05:46 PM
Thanks. I was really bummed to miss the last one. (To be fair, I was suicidal over it, but it was more the straw that broke the camels back kind of thing. I'd actually burned my toast that morning too.)

muttonchop
03-27-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm hoping to join in this time too. If not over xbox on netflix, then I'll just hire the damn video and press play at the same time you guys start streaming!

Farva
03-28-2010, 06:24 AM
We got less then a week to decide what movie to use. (That way Mutton can rent it too.) Anyone want to throw a title into the hat?

Fisherman
03-28-2010, 12:53 PM
That sounds like a blast. The last time we did a community BMDD it was magical. I'll try to make it, but no promises - here's my first round of suggestions:

The Octagon - Chuck Norris v. Ninjas (http://www.netflix.com/Movie/The_Octagon/70005378?trkid=1660) The box art looks like Chuck Norris in Star Wars.

Plan 9 from Outer Space (http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/Plan_9_from_Outer_Space/860103?trkid=813852) Aliens try to take over Earth (after failing 8 times) by creating zombies and vampires.

m-m-m
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
I think that "plan 9" has kind of it's own cult movie status and kind of transcends it bad movie status. I can't say that I've acually seen the whole movie from start to finish, but I've seen so many clips, and the 'Ed Wood' movie seems to go over a big portion of it. I'm not sure that it'd make a good BMDD.

OTOH, I could see the Octagon possibly working. Is it on Netflix instant?

Jitterbug
03-28-2010, 03:22 PM
I think that "plan 9" has kind of it's own cult movie status and kind of transcends it bad movie status. I can't say that I've acually seen the whole movie from start to finish, but I've seen so many clips, and the 'Ed Wood' movie seems to go over a big portion of it. I'm not sure that it'd make a good BMDD.

OTOH, I could see the Octagon possibly working. Is it on Netflix instant?

We'll have to check that it is both available on Instant AND that it is possible to create a party with it. Some of the Instant movies won't let you do that.

Fisherman
03-28-2010, 05:43 PM
We'll have to check that it is both available on Instant AND that it is possible to create a party with it. Some of the Instant movies won't let you do that.

It is on Instant Watch. I'll pop over if one of you is online to check if it works with a party in five minutes.

EDIT: Just checked it out with Jitterbug and it works on the XBL Netflix Party system, so The Octagon is a viable choice. What do you guys think?

Farva
03-28-2010, 08:05 PM
As long as he's rocking the man-'stache, I'm definatly down.

Cam-Dog
03-28-2010, 10:34 PM
I love me some MST3K Its nice to see that they are still around. I've watched a few episodes recently on Netflix still good stuff.

Farva
03-29-2010, 09:06 AM
I know this sounds horrible to say, but I'd never heard of MST3K until I started listening to the ship. Now I think I've watched all that netflix will instant stream. I feel like I'm expreiencing Christmas for the first time.

Jitterbug
03-29-2010, 09:35 AM
I know this sounds horrible to say, but I'd never heard of MST3K until I started listening to the ship. Now I think I've watched all that netflix will instant stream. I feel like I'm expreiencing Christmas for the first time.

I wish Netflix would put up more of the Joel episodes on Instant Watch. They have had a couple, but the majority of them are Mike Nelson, and the later seasons really border on terrible.