PDA

View Full Version : Either Or: AFI/America's Funniest or Tosh.0

Niyon
06-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Well, I think I know how the poll is going to turn out, but from the talk on Ep 91 about Tosh.0, it reminded me of how people would talk about Americas Funniest Home Videos in the same manner.

Americas Funniest has been around for a long time. I'm sure they have enough footage of people getting hit in the crotch to last for at least 24 hrs straight. Not only that, but they have had some decent hosts (BOB SAGGET! for all you tourette's guy fans) doing horrible voice overs for the videos; and always the cheesy "Here is your $10,000 prize winner" meet up after the "live audience vote" for one of three seemingly random video choices (that weren't always the funniest of the ones displayed on the show).

Tosh.0 on the other hand grabs some of the biggest viral videos off the interwebs to help them re-live their moment of glory in, hopefully, a better light. Plus, the commentary that he says after the videos would seem like comments that people trolling on Youtube might leave for that video (especially during the "20 seconds" part). And, the host is far funnier than the America's Funniest hosts put together. (Daniel Tosh did have a really funny stand-up act that Comedy Central would play occasionally.

Jitterbug
06-23-2010, 09:16 AM
As much as I LOVE Tosh.0, if you were asking me which series I would take on the boat with me, it would have to be AFI. There is just too much of it to be ignored! It is one of the longest running series in TV history, and those montages still make me laugh my ass off.

Lokela
06-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I voted for America's Funniest. Cheesey or not, I can watch it all day.

Cam-Dog
06-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Tosh.0 is my pick I can't stand the those shitty added sound effects in AF, that and the show is cheesier than Lokela's taint.

doworkson176
06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
I had to vote for Tosh.0. They did a "Web Redemption" for the kid that freaked out when he got his N64 and it was fucking hilarious!

Fisherman
06-23-2010, 03:07 PM
I went with AFV. I grew up with that shit man, and its the very reason I visit sites like Break.com as a regularity now.

Lokela
06-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Tosh.0 is my pick I can't stand the those shitty added sound effects in AF, that and the show is cheesier than Lokela's taint.

Hey bro, thanks for outing my cheesy taint. Now everybody's gonna want a taste!

Anyway, it makes sense that you whipersnappers like Tosh.o more than AFV. Y'all just didn't see AFV in it's prime, a.k.a the Sagat years.:cool1:

Cam-Dog
06-23-2010, 09:05 PM
Anyway, it makes sense that you whipersnappers like Tosh.o more than AFV. Y'all just didn't see AFV in it's prime, a.k.a the Sagat years.:cool1:

True but its not my fault. I do know the show has gone way downhill.

Jitterbug
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Interesting that everyone likes Sagat best. I actually like the newest version of AFV best with Tom Bergiron as the host. I always felt like the jokes in Bob's day were sooooo super lame.

Niyon
06-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Interesting that everyone likes Sagat best. I actually like the newest version of AFV best with Tom Bergiron as the host. I always felt like the jokes in Bob's day were sooooo super lame.

Ummm...when have they NOT been super lame? Bob Sagat was just known to have more of them

Lokela
06-24-2010, 09:03 AM

Yeah, I like Tom well enough, but I'm a fan of Sagat's lame jokes.

Nerves
06-24-2010, 09:10 AM
I am going Tosh.0 on this one. Although AFV has been on forever I think I would have a better time over the long haul with idiots on the internet and a more interesting host like Dan Tosh. AFV is a car crash show for me. I can't not watch when I am flipping through and ot's on, but I actually record Tosh so I can watch it every week.