PDA

View Full Version : Michael Atkinson - You Won't Be Missed!

muttonchop
03-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Well, this won't matter to most people here, but for those shipheads who also reside in Australian waters the recent departure of the South Australian Attorneys-General marks a turning point in a political shit fight that has been going on for a couple of years now.

For those who aren't aware, Australia is one of only a very few countries that, while having a R18+ rating for movies and magazines, has been limited to MA15+ as the highest rating a video game could receive.

This was due to Michael Atkinson. For a higher rating to be applied, all AG's had to be unanimous in their decision. Atkinson always veto'd it.

Thankfully now, he has resigned his position, which means the way has been opened for a R18+ rating to be passed.

I want to know what you guys think about a R18+ rating. Is it a good thing? A bad thing? Let me know guys.

Jitterbug
03-26-2010, 10:44 PM
Well, this won't matter to most people here, but for those shipheads who also reside in Australian waters the recent departure of the South Australian Attorneys-General marks a turning point in a political shit fight that has been going on for a couple of years now.

For those who aren't aware, Australia is one of only a very few countries that, while having a R18+ rating for movies and magazines, has been limited to MA15+ as the highest rating a video game could receive.

This was due to Michael Atkinson. For a higher rating to be applied, all AG's had to be unanimous in their decision. Atkinson always veto'd it.

Thankfully now, he has resigned his position, which means the way has been opened for a R18+ rating to be passed.

I want to know what you guys think about a R18+ rating. Is it a good thing? A bad thing? Let me know guys.

Anything that will allow the folks down under to enjoy the same entertainment that civilized countries enjoy is A-OK by me!

Farva
03-30-2010, 03:38 AM
Heck yeah, let them play games. That's rediculous that you'd have to have friends abroad send you copies of games that are being played by ten year olds over here. If nothing else, that's a fair chunk of sales tax being missed by your country and sent overseas.