PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Owners Get A Refund!

Jitterbug
06-06-2010, 01:02 PM
DJ brought this little nugget of joy to our attention. It is possible that all of us PS3 owners will be able to get a refund for 50% of the value of our PS3s! Is this the truth or just an elaborate internet hoax? You decide.

http://www.mdpcelaw.com/news.cfm?article=129

Shanghai Six
06-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Whoa. Nice find...or a hell of an elaborate hoax!

Ognawk
06-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Apparently, not true. That website may have been hacked and that writing put on there, according to this post Shane 86 found on NeoGAF: - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21660611&postcount=28

Cam-Dog
06-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Even if it was true I wouldn't bother Sony has been good to all its fans no need to take there money.
Anyway it sounds like there are a lot of loops to jump through to get the refund.

Fisherman
06-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Even if it was true I wouldn't bother Sony has been good to all its fans no need to take there money.
Anyway it sounds like there are a lot of loops to jump through to get the refund.

Usually refunds from class action suits are pretty easy to obtain. You'll generally get mailed a letter asking you for a response, and they'll respond to that with a check. I'm not so loyal to any company that I would turn down free money from them, but this looks to be a hoax or at least a little premature. It seems the legislation process on this class action has yet to really kick into gear.

DJ and I were discussing this today and it would seem cheaper to me to just add Linux back onto the consoles than to issue a refund to this degree. They may have to pay a licensing fee but a settlement like this would cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

Cam-Dog
06-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Usually refunds from class action suits are pretty easy to obtain. You'll generally get mailed a letter asking you for a response, and they'll respond to that with a check. I'm not so loyal to any company that I would turn down free money from them, but this looks to be a hoax or at least a little premature. It seems the legislation process on this class action has yet to really kick into gear.

DJ and I were discussing this today and it would seem cheaper to me to just add Linux back onto the consoles than to issue a refund to this degree. They may have to pay a licensing fee but a settlement like this would cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

Alright after thinking about this I would take the money but I still don't see it happening. Even if it did happen it would end up like the Hot Coffee lawsuit, it will get strung out for a few years and by then no one may care.
Like you said though they should just bring back the other OS feature.

Quinstar
06-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I'll take the money and go buy myself a 250 GB. Then I could feel like I'm giving back to Sony... or maybe I just want a 250 GB.

Since I currently have 2 consoles I wonder if I could get 2 checks!

ColbyTS
06-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Yeah I could use the cash for a newer better one sometimes mine scares me and doesn't read a blu-ray movie or doesn't register that I entered the Netflix instant view disc into it. It's horrifying to think that the link between me and about 15 games and 20 blu-ray movies could break down at any minute....

Cam-Dog
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah I could use the cash for a newer better one sometimes mine scares me and doesn't read a blu-ray movie or doesn't register that I entered the Netflix instant view disc into it. It's horrifying to think that the link between me and about 15 games and 20 blu-ray movies could break down at any minute....

Bro Colby you dont even know! I've been living the last 5 or so years of my life with that fear! I dust poor Bessy off every day!

djdsf
06-09-2010, 08:19 PM
I'll take the money and go buy myself a 250 GB. Then I could feel like I'm giving back to Sony... or maybe I just want a 250 GB.

Since I currently have 2 consoles I wonder if I could get 2 checks!

And that my friends is why Quinstar should not get a refund