PDA

View Full Version : DSi XL

Nerves
03-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Is anybody stoked about this? It's a giant DS! I shouldn't be maybe, but I am. It looks really great and makes me glad I didn't buy a DSi or PSP. It will play all your old DS games and uses DSi's internet downloadable games as well. It also has a longer battery life! Sign me up.

Jitterbug
03-26-2010, 10:45 PM
How much does it cost? It would have to be pretty cheap for me to get excited about it.

Nerves
03-26-2010, 11:20 PM
It's $189. However they are offering it for $129 when you trade in your original DS. I am now Swiss.

muttonchop
03-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Your now Swiss... does that mean you've gotten into laundering Nazi-looted art?

Farva
03-27-2010, 06:05 AM
I would be interested but I've got my iphone. I know it's not a real gaming device, but it's got enough on it to make time go by faster on any trip. In the end, I just don't game enough on the road to warrant a seperate device just Mario up my world.

Nerves
03-27-2010, 07:28 AM
After deliberation. I thought, 'I already own one of these it just isn't on the internet and has a smaller screen.' Does it warrant $130 or more to pick up at launch, or is it a wait for prices to go down/holiday/birthday gift? I think the latter.

Jitterbug
03-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Good decision. Seems like a bit of a waste.

UndeadDoG
03-27-2010, 11:48 AM
Seems like a poor marketing decision what with the recent vague announcement of something called the Nintendo 3DS due out in 2011. It's like Gameboy Micro. You get all hyped and buy it, then the next thing comes out so soon, and you feel cheated.

Fisherman
03-27-2010, 07:13 PM
I'm with UndeadDog here. Wait for this mysterious 3DS. Its due out in Japan by March 2011 (which probably means holiday this year), which means we'll probably see it one year after that. You don't need a bigger screen on your DS that bad, do you buddy?

Nerves
03-28-2010, 07:52 AM
I do this all the time and never actually follow-through. When the PSP Go came out I got all excited about this wave of the future. Didn't buy it and am better off for it. That thing has turned out to be a turd it seems.

abadgolfer
03-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Why get the Dsi XL? Why not wait for the 3DS? Man Nintendo is way ahead of the curve! I am a Nintendo fanboy with a nice moneyhat they sent me years ago, but you have to admit 3D with no glasses would be sweet.

Jitterbug
03-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Why get the Dsi XL? Why not wait for the 3DS? Man Nintendo is way ahead of the curve! I am a Nintendo fanboy with a nice moneyhat they sent me years ago, but you have to admit 3D with no glasses would be sweet.

Yes indeed. I wonder when that sort of tech will make it to TVs. I am hesitant to purchase a new 3D TV until I see if that is a possibility for the future.

Fisherman
03-28-2010, 12:04 PM

I guess the only reasoning behind getting a DSI XL is that the 3DS is probably almost 2 years away (at least) from being released stateside.

Ryno r13
03-29-2010, 05:24 AM
With my upcoming birthday generating some extra cash flow, I am leaning towards the ds lite upgrade as a way to waste it. Mainly because after using the lite for more than 30 min my hands start to feel cramped. Also having a screen that is twice is big would be nice. I'm not totally sold yet, but if I do end up getting it I will let everyone know if I think it is worth it.

Ryno r13
04-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Went into Gamestop today to do the trade in thing and could not pull the trigger. After doing the cost - benefit just could no longer justify it for a device I only spend a couple of lunch breaks a week on. Instead I got the Astro A30's since I just moved in with the girl and apparently the sounds of gunshots does not create a relaxing environment for our 1 bedroom.

daCooksta
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I thought about picking this up, but decided against it. Supposedly, it's actually designed for older adults so that they can see the screen better. It came down to either getting a 24'' 1080p Computer monitor or getting this, and i went with the monitor. It was no contest, really.

Nerves
04-02-2010, 08:09 PM
I thought about picking this up, but decided against it. Supposedly, it's actually designed for older adults so that they can see the screen better. It came down to either getting a 24'' 1080p Computer monitor or getting this, and i went with the monitor. It was no contest, really.

Good choice.

daCooksta
04-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Good choice.

Oh absolutely. It came in today, and it's thr most beautiful nonliving thing I've ever set eyes on.