PDA

View Full Version : InFamous 2 - The New Cole

Fisherman
06-04-2010, 07:38 PM
InFamous was one of my very favorite PS3 games of last year. The story arc was interesting, and traversal in this open world was an absolute blast. The fun of getting from one place to another wasn't topped until Just Cause 2 this year, and it may even top that. InFamous 2 has officially been announced, to no one's surprise, and a screenshot of the protagonist's new look has been released.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/cole.jpg

I'm hoping we get to see a trailer for this and maybe a release date at E3. The last one released in February, but this one may be touted as a tentpole release for the holiday season. If it is, I'll be all in. What were you guys' thoughts on the original and are you looking forward to the sequel?

Jitterbug
06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
I enjoyed the first one, but I felt that the second half of it was a bit uninspired. It felt like they had a lot of potential that they never quite reached. I hope this one takes what was great with the first game and really build on it. But it will take a lot for it to raise to the top of my list of MUST BUY movies during the holiday season.

Fisherman
06-04-2010, 07:50 PM
I enjoyed the first one, but I felt that the second half of it was a bit uninspired. It felt like they had a lot of potential that they never quite reached. I hope this one takes what was great with the first game and really build on it. But it will take a lot for it to raise to the top of my list of MUST BUY movies during the holiday season.

It's gotta first be a movie before it can reach that list, my friend. But I kid. I agree, the last half was not nearly as good as the first half but I feel like the way they added powers gradually throughout the game was genius. It always gave you something cool to be looking forward to and it made me pour hours upon hours into the original in single sittings. One of my buddies bought a PS3 a few months back and this was the first game I lent him. He had never heard of it when I gave it to him and seemed mildly interested. He handed it back to me about a week later with a big grin on his face. It seems he got sucked in just like me.

Quinstar
06-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I really enjoyed the first one and am extremely excited about the next one. I finally got my game informer so I'm looking forward to reading the article about it.

Quinstar
07-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Gameplay footage! I'm so excited for this game!

http://gamerdeals.net/blogs/fanboydestroyer/archive/2010/07/07/infamous-2-hot-gameplay-footage.aspx

Cam-Dog
07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
The gameplay footage looks great! the only thing they need to fix is Cole's appearance and since they keep hearing about it they can't not fix him up.

asianzing
07-10-2010, 01:19 AM
This is the game I'm MOST excited for. I can't wait to play as the new Cole. and possibly Zeke. If there's multiplayer I'm never leaving my couch.

Kariz
07-11-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm interested, just because I loved the first one so much, but I'm not sold yet. The E3 trailer wasn't anything special and until I see some good gameplay videos I can't really get all that excited.

TheStonedSheep
07-21-2010, 03:26 AM
I loved the first one, but am not gutted about them changing Cole. He was just another generic baldheaded hero, and I can't even remember what he sounds like.

Can't wait to play the game.

Fisherman
07-23-2010, 11:24 AM
That's more like it. (http://www.giantbomb.com/news/infamous-2s-cole-gets-another-facelift/2356/)

Deadpool
07-26-2010, 07:20 AM
I must be one of the few that actually likes the redesign then? I can deal with the face being rewound a bit, but I think they should keep the hair...I mean...people grow hair all the time...

I mean. the original Cole (his face and everything) was a bit forgettable. All I remembered is that he's bald and has a messenger bag. You need a likable and memorable main character for your game. I still remember Nathan Drake and Nico Bellic and Ezio fondly. Just not Cole.

Cam-Dog
07-26-2010, 04:02 PM
I dont mind the new look I just want him to look different from everyone else. To many brown haired pretty boys.