PDA

View Full Version : Talkingship Gamernight - Killzone 2 - Sat June 5, 6 PM TS Time

Fisherman
06-03-2010, 05:34 PM
That's right, we've got another gamernight for the PS3 shipheads! I'll be hosting a Killzone 2 Gamernight this coming Saturday, June 5 at 6 PM Talkingship Time (that would be Mountain Standard Time). We'll likely be following it with a BMDD over on the 360 Netflix app, but this sign up is just for the gamernight portion. Sign up below!

Jitterbug
06-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I would love to join, but I sold my copy a long time ago.

Farva
06-03-2010, 07:02 PM
I would love to join, but I sold my copy a long time ago.

I did too. I am actually gonna be off this weekend (due to my kid being in town for only these 48 hrs. If I can swing it, I'll rent it and show up to get my ass handed to me.

Cam-Dog
06-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I'll try to be there.

Rent it JB.

Fisherman
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
I think they both should rent it. I just about sold it myself but convinced myself that at some point, I'd finish the single player. That hasn't happened, but I remember the multiplayer in this game being fun as hell.

Quinstar
06-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm so happy!!! I have no plans this weekend and I'm putting this on my calendar!

@Cam-dog I think we should probably brush up on our controls before playing this time.

@JB & Farva silly boys what were you thinking selling KZ2. Go out right now and rent it. Go... now.

djdsf
06-04-2010, 12:13 PM
I'm so happy!!! I have no plans this weekend and I'm putting this on my calendar!

@Cam-dog I think we should probably brush up on our controls before playing this time.

@JB & Farva silly boys what were you thinking selling KZ2. Go out right now and rent it. Go... now.

Wait... that black thing with the sony logo plays games? I thought it was for... you know... a place holder for another 360

Cam-Dog
06-04-2010, 08:22 PM

Pisshh I'm a pro!

Fisherman
06-04-2010, 08:43 PM
I may go a couple of rounds tonight to refamiliarize myself with multiplayer, only because I'm supposed to be leading this God-forsaken party into battle and I haven't picked up the game in a year.

Cam-Dog
06-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Sorry y'all I don't think I'll be around for this gamernight. I've got more grad parties to crash tonight.

Fisherman
06-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm still down. Forgot I needed to update the game, hopefully that's done in time for us to start playing at 5.

Quinstar
06-05-2010, 05:51 PM
K, I've been working outside all day so I need to grab a quick shower before hopping on. Shouldn't take too long.

@fisherman psn ID? is it just Fisherman?

Fisherman
06-05-2010, 06:00 PM
K, I've been working outside all day so I need to grab a quick shower before hopping on. Shouldn't take too long.

@fisherman psn ID? is it just Fisherman?

Its theparadigm ... I'll send you a game invite shortly. Looks like it may be just you and me against the world!

Cam-Dog
06-06-2010, 12:24 AM
How'd it go. I just came home for a short party break. Then I'm gonna head out and get some stank on my hanglow.

Fisherman
06-06-2010, 12:59 PM
How'd it go. I just came home for a short party break. Then I'm gonna head out and get some stank on my hanglow.

It sort of fell apart, Cam. It was just me and Quinstar and there's no way to invite your friends to a game in KZ2. Plus every game that I got into was a rank capped game, so she couldn't join me. We ended up just going our separate ways until it was BMDD time.

Cam-Dog
06-06-2010, 03:32 PM
Sorry to hear that. You have to stick with the more current PS3 games because all the guys who have both 360s and PS3s end up selling PS3 games after a year or two. How about a Red Dead night? I could set it up but I cant host.

Fisherman
06-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Sorry to hear that. You have to stick with the more current PS3 games because all the guys who have both 360s and PS3s end up selling PS3 games after a year or two. How about a Red Dead night? I could set it up but I cant host.

It wasn't an issue of not having people to play with, KZ2 has a robust online community. Its just not set up to play with your friends, unfortunately. I'd be down for a Red Dead night but only if we got a good amount of people to join up. I'd have to rent it for that.

Jitterbug
06-06-2010, 06:08 PM
It wasn't an issue of not having people to play with, KZ2 has a robust online community. Its just not set up to play with your friends, unfortunately. I'd be down for a Red Dead night but only if we got a good amount of people to join up. I'd have to rent it for that.

I can do Uncharted 2 whenever you guys want to do that.

Quinstar
06-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Killzone 2 is great if you have enough people to start your own room. So I blame it on all the no shows and not the game. ;) I'm up for another try whenever. Though, I'm not opposed to trying another game. I have Red Dead and can pick up U2 again if needed. That being said, I'm gone this weekend, so hopefully you don't plane it then.

djdsf
06-09-2010, 08:22 PM
It sort of fell apart, Cam. It was just me and Quinstar and there's no way to invite your friends to a game in KZ2. Plus every game that I got into was a rank capped game, so she couldn't join me. We ended up just going our separate ways until it was BMDD time.

Hahahaha So much for the "I can do everything the 360 can for free" argument. I guess you all will need to buy that $75 subscription to be able to invite people into a game.

Cam-Dog
06-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Hahahaha So much for the "I can do everything the 360 can for free" argument. I guess you all will need to buy that $75 subscription to be able to invite people into a game.

I don't think so. I hear that cross game chat and a party system will be free.

djdsf
06-09-2010, 09:58 PM
I don't think so. I hear that cross game chat and a party system will be free.

And I heard the world was going to end in the year 2000 and look what happened with that.

Cam-Dog
06-09-2010, 10:47 PM
And I heard the world was going to end in the year 2000 and look what happened with that.

Man it did this is The Matrix!