PDA

View Full Version : Home Brewing

Elfslayer087
05-24-2010, 09:19 PM
I am a home brewer and I figure with a group of beer lovers like we have on this forum there are bound to be some other proud home brewers. So I am wondering if anyone has any beer receipies they would like to share or just general brewing talk.

Lokela
05-24-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm not a home brewer myself, but I'm growing increasing interested in it. I think Jitterbug and Nerves are trying some home brewing, but they havn't updated their thread about it in awhile. What is your favorite type of beer to brew, elfslayer?

Jitterbug
05-24-2010, 09:48 PM
We keep planning to start brewing - we've got the goods, but Hops are fucking expensive so we haven't done it yet. We will before the summer is out though.

DavGxyz
05-25-2010, 07:51 AM
You know what. i've never done it myself. But my dad made his own beer and wine for about 30 years. Fuc*king potent stuff I can tell you. I've fond memories of when he sampled his wine for a few hours while bottling it. We found him one time collapsed with his head in the kitchen sink. :Laugh:

I'm going to give it a try when I have more time. Any recipe links would be usefull. Or top tips! :wink1:

Elfslayer087
05-25-2010, 10:23 PM
We keep planning to start brewing - we've got the goods, but Hops are fucking expensive so we haven't done it yet. We will before the summer is out though.

Where are you buying your supplies?? I guess I have had to buy hops that were that expensive.

Also there are tons of good recipes at beerrecipes.com great place to look up recipes for both full grain and extract brewing.

My favorite types of beer I have brewed so far are dunkelweizen, a belgin wit (similar to blue moon) and a oktoberfest. I am working on making a good IPA

Nerves
06-03-2010, 06:27 AM
There is actually a homebrewing store here in my town that has recently opened a new small brewery next door. I also have a friend that is an avid brewer and is ready to assist us with our missing pieces and help us launch our first batch! It will be happening very soon. So stay tuned!

Elfslayer087
06-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Good for you guys I know you will have a great time with it. I am starting my quest for a perfect ipa tomorrow will keep you posted

what kind of brewing are you planning on starting with full grain or extract Also what will you be brewing

Nerves
06-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Good for you guys I know you will have a great time with it. I am starting my quest for a perfect ipa tomorrow will keep you posted

what kind of brewing are you planning on starting with full grain or extract Also what will you be brewing

We have started the first batch of Talkingship Ale! "The beer that tastes like ship!"
We used canned and dry malts for our first try at a decent wort. We are making a traditional lager that has some pale ale tones to it. We'll be ready to drink here in July!
I am addicted already and can't wait to try different recipes and see how the ingredients play new roles in flavor and how the fermenting process works.
I think I will try a dry hopping technique for the next one with a bottom fermenting yeast to make a tasty IPA!

DavGxyz
06-07-2010, 10:08 PM
We have started the first batch of Talkingship Ale! "The beer that tastes like ship!"
We used canned and dry malts for our first try at a decent wort. We are making a traditional lager that has some pale ale tones to it. We'll be ready to drink here in July!
I am addicted already and can't wait to try different recipes and see how the ingredients play new roles in flavor and how the fermenting process works.
I think I will try a dry hopping technique for the next one with a bottom fermenting yeast to make a tasty IPA!

If I were you. I'd be prepared for it to not taste exactly like you think it will. :Laugh:

Elfslayer087
06-07-2010, 11:18 PM
I just brewed my first ipa this weekend I got pretty drunk in the process so I hope it turn out good

Nerves
06-16-2010, 09:38 PM
I am doing a pale ale with Jitterbug and my wife right now. It's going to be a long 4 weeks of waiting.

Cam-Dog
06-17-2010, 01:47 AM
I'm gonna call it now. The TalkinShip home brew JB and Nerves are making is going to be... well not good. I say it scores a 7 out of 11 ships.