PDA

View Full Version : Beer Review : Stone Brewing Ruination IPA

Jitterbug
05-23-2010, 11:34 PM
At long last, we finally have a beer that scored a perfect 11 out of 11 (on my scale at least, Nerves wasn't willing to give it a perfect score.) It's from a familiar source, Stone Brewing from San Diego, but this beats out even their damn fine Arrogant Bastard ale in terms of flavor, body, and after taste. It is hoppy as hell, but doesn't leave but the slightest hint of aftertaste, which is rare for a 7.7% abv IPA. I highly recommend this one. It is right at the top of my list of favorite beers of all time.

http://carbon111.com/brew/stone_ruin.jpg

Lokela
05-24-2010, 08:09 AM
Nice review. I'll see if I can give it a try this weekend.

Cam-Dog
05-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I'll have to get my hands on some for my grad party.

KumiKaze
05-24-2010, 05:19 PM
I am very disappointed. My local alcohol supplier didn't have a single thing from Stone Brewing Company. Will keep my eye out for it, but it doesn't look promising here.

Lokela
05-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I am very disappointed. My local alcohol supplier didn't have a single thing from Stone Brewing Company. Will keep my eye out for it, but it doesn't look promising here.

Do you have a Specs Liquor Warehouse? It's got everything...it's a f*#kin' WAREHOUSE! Maybe you'll have to make a special trip to the city to find it.

KumiKaze
05-24-2010, 09:44 PM
Do you have a Specs Liquor Warehouse? It's got everything...it's a f*#kin' WAREHOUSE! Maybe you'll have to make a special trip to the city to find it.

That is essentially what my grocery store is. If they can get it, they have it. Also if a bar or neighboring city has a type of beer they will also get it, but they actually investigate to make sure your not making some crap up.

Shaha44
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
I am gonna have to hunt this stuff down. Pale Ales and IPAs are my favorite type of beer and this sounds delicious.

Lokela
06-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I was able to try some Ruination this weekend. It's one hoppy SOB, I tell you what.