PDA

View Full Version : So... Project Natal in October 2010...

djdsf
05-11-2010, 03:25 PM
Yup, Godfree found this video and apparently the rest of the media (CNN, CNET, G4TV amongst others) is going apeshit over the fact that Natal will be coming out in October and that more info on a specific release date will come out on E3.

Thoughts?

Will you buy it?

Jitterbug
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
I'll buy it. I'm more excited for this then the dumb ass PS3 Play or whatever they are calling their magical dildo wand these days. Although I'll prolly buy the dildo wand too, because lord knows Nerves is going to want to play multi player with that.

Cam-Dog
05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm the polar opposite of JB on this one and not only because I dont own a 360. I like buttons.

Jitterbug
05-11-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm the polar opposite of JB on this one and not only because I dont own a 360. I like buttons.

They already made what Sony is making - it's called a Wii - and it sucks.

Cam-Dog
05-11-2010, 07:56 PM
They already made what Sony is making - it's called a Wii - and it sucks.

Its gonna be different man you'll see.

djdsf
05-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Its gonna be different man you'll see.

How in the hell is it gonna be different? Is the exact same thing with different graphics.

Fisherman
05-12-2010, 11:41 AM
I'm on the fence about it, but the hype train will probably get me. It's pretty clear that the thing is coming out in October, it has been leaked all over the place, and I think what is shown at E3 will be what pushes me over the edge to purchase it.

DavGxyz
05-12-2010, 03:27 PM
It will depend on the price as to whether I show any interest. To be honest though, I play games to sit on my fat arse. Not move about. So we shall see.

Quinstar
05-13-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm extremely opposed to the idea of standing in my living room with a shooter stance trying to aim by pointing my finger. I don't want to hold my hands up like I'm holding an imaginary steering wheel. I like my controller. I don't play games to work out. I work out to work out. So, no. Unless this becomes something you need to have in order to play games or they offer it for some crazy low price I doubt I'll be buying it.

Lokela
05-13-2010, 08:48 AM
It will depend on the price as to whether I show any interest. To be honest though, I play games to sit on my fat arse. Not move about. So we shall see.

I'm extremely opposed to the idea of standing in my living room with a shooter stance trying to aim by pointing my finger. I don't want to hold my hands up like I'm holding an imaginary steering wheel. I like my controller. I don't play games to work out. I work out to work out. So, no. Unless this becomes something you need to have in order to play games or they offer it for some crazy low price I doubt I'll be buying it.

I'm with you two. If I can't sit on my ass to play, then I won't be buying it.

Jitterbug
05-13-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm with you two. If I can't sit on my ass to play, then I won't be buying it.

I really enjoyed Wii Sports and Boomblox, but the problem with the Wii was that Nintendo is hellbent on destroying their good name, so the system just sucked. For these reasons, I am kinda excited about both the PS3 Move and Natal. The reason I am more excited for Natal is because at least it is something innovative. The Move is a damn near exact copy of the Wii, and that isn't very interesting, but with Natal there is a lot more potential - not just for the moving-without-a-controller games, because that sounds hinky, but think about playing a game with your controller and being able to effect what is happening on screen with your movements! There are endless possibilities there. I don't know if they are going to capitalize on those possibilities or if they are just going to have a Wii Fit on their hands (a peripheral that has all sorts of potential, yet no one does a damn thing with it.)

DavGxyz
05-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Well lets hope they come up with something good! Not sure whether we will get anything more innovative than the stuff the Wii has though. :wub:

Fisherman
05-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Well. if this story is any indication, there will be no ass-sitting while playing on Natal. In fact, you'd better be a world-class gymnast:

Natal's World Premiere at E3 ... Featuring Cirque du Soleil (http://kotaku.com/5538184/project-natal-world-premiere-to-be-complete-media-cirque-du-soleil)

All joking aside, I'm now looking forward to the livestream of the press conference even more because of this.

Farva
05-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm all for Natal. As a father of a four year old girl, I'm doing all I can to get her into gaming. She's the sole reason I kept my Wii and she's why I bought flower (she's pretty good). I think the controller free gaming will be perfect for us to do together. Like JB said, I have a Wii so I'm not really interested in the PS3's light-bright dildo.

Grantly
05-23-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm really excited for Natal. I'm not really into the idea of pointing my finger at the screen while playing Call of Duty, but for games like Fallout and Mass Effect, if they were to do something like that creepy ass Milo thing and actually let you interact with the characters, that would be great. Or you could give orders to your squadmates in CoD or Gears of War. There are all kinds of possibilities with Natal.

NuclearNinja
06-03-2010, 07:48 AM
I'll get it..............IF it can work with some good games and it isnt a piece of shit. I'll be reading a lot of reviews when this comes out.