PDA

View Full Version : The Agency

Fisherman
05-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Sony's next big foray into MMO is going to be titled The Agency, a co-operative story-led game, which appears to be more spy-style shooter than RPG. Though of course, it being an MMO, I'm sure it will have all the leveling and grinding of an MMORPG. Its coming out for the PS3 and PC, and apparently each will play with the other in much the same way Final Fantasy XI did (and still does, for the four 360 players left playing that game) with the 360 and PC.

If they pull this one off like Borderlands, I'll be completely on board, but I still need to be convinced than a persistent-world MMO can work on a console, much less one that will integrate PC and console servers. You have to wonder if one group of players will have a distinct advantage over the other.

If anyone else is interested, the game actually has a Facebook iteration that has already launched, even though the game isn't supposed to come out until later this year. Check it out below, if you're a Facebook user:

The Agency on Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/agencycovertops/?auth_token=19421321b16d89b719e4ace104f1e9eb)

I haven't spent any time with it, but I'll give it a long look as long as it doesn't pop up those stupid notifications on my wall. Anyone else want in on my crew?

Cam-Dog
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
The game seems like it can be fun but we haven't really seen any thing on it so i'll wait till I see more for a purchase.
And there is no way I'll be playing some facebook game about it, I say no to facebook "gaming" as you all should.