PDA

View Full Version : 'V' Might Get Cancelled!

Jitterbug
05-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Uh Oh, It looks like NBCs brilliant decision to split the 'V' season in two isn't working out so well. Ratings have sucked ever since the show came back from hiatus. A little more info (but not much) is HERE (http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv.tvguide.com/tv.tvguide.com-your-favorite-show-danger).

Qwaint
05-07-2010, 08:00 AM
Can't say I'm surprised.

I liked the first episodes, before it turned all emo. Why should we care that Dana Scully's son is a moron?
The whole show feels clichéd with the oh so ethical and predictable priest, the worried mother who also is a professional, the gruff but loveable britt terrorist.

So Anna's daughter is developing human feelings, wonder where that will lead? (wink wink)
So the human reporter is undercover, wonder how long until he discovers what Anna is all about and secretly joins the Fifth Column?

They could do whatever they wanted with this show, and they turned it into 'Desperate Housewives with guns who fight aliens'

Nerves
05-07-2010, 08:15 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO You shut your dirty mouth! If V gets cancelled I am holding you personally responsible. Yes I am talking to you! All members of the forums are required by Ship-law to watch V EVERY SINGLE WEEK and LOVE IT!

Quinstar
05-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Hmmm... I've seen the commercials. Never watched it. Is it something that you can pick up in the middle?

Jitterbug
05-07-2010, 08:36 AM
Hmmm... I've seen the commercials. Never watched it. Is it something that you can pick up in the middle?

Aliens came to earth and are pretending to be nice, but they are actually lizard people who want to do nasty things to us.

There, you're caught up.

djdsf
05-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Aliens came to earth and are pretending to be nice, but they are actually lizard people who want to do nasty things to us.

There, you're caught up.

LMAO the sad part is that that pretty much really describes the show until now.

blackcat0158
05-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh shit, this came back?

Dammit. I love the original V. The new one was alright (what I had seen of it, since apparently I'm with the majority of people and didn't realize it came back).

I really don't like when they split things up like this. I got pissed off at my DVR for recording Dancing with the stars when V was taken off that I deleted the auto-record.

Qwaint
05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh Jitterbug, such a tantrum child :Laugh:

But think about it, they could have taken this show in which ever direction imagineable, and they chose 'emo-kid, emo-priest, weepy-mom'.

Quinstar
05-11-2010, 09:46 AM

There, you're caught up.

That sounds a little to complex of a plot for me. I think I'll give it a look when it comes to DVD, but it doesn't really sound all that fascinating.