PDA

View Full Version : Alan Wake

Fisherman
05-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Alan Wake releases the same day as Red Dead Redemption, and I'm seriously considering taking that day off. Both of these games are going to have my attention for a long time. The reviews are starting to come in for Alan Wake, and they are good. Like Game of the Year good. Kotaku raved about it and multiple podcasts with hosts that have played it have gushed about it being the new standard in a psychological horror/thriller game. Plus, it is basically set in my backyard here in the pacific northwest. My pre-order is in.

Is anyone else going to jump on board with this one? We've waited a long time for this game, but it seems the wait may be worth it.

Source: Kotaku Review (http://kotaku.com/5527633/alan-wake-review-transcending-its-medium)

Shaha44
05-05-2010, 01:15 PM
To be honest, this game was not on my radar at all. That is, until I just read the reviews. All of the reviews I've read have been brimming with goodness. I am not sure if I will buy it, but it is definitely getting rented.

Lokela
05-05-2010, 05:33 PM
This game looks pretty tight. Tight like a tiger. I just hope the controls aren't wonky...cause that would be a deal breaker for me.