PDA

View Full Version : PS3 / Xbox360 Headphones

nsanehunter
05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm looking to get a good pair of headphones that work on the ps3, xbox360 or both. I wanted one that plays in game sound over the headphones along with chat. The biggest problem I have found they all need to be hooked up with a bunch of wires to do what I'm looking for. Can anyone recommend a good pair and please state why you like these headphones. Thanks
Nsanehunter

r0per
05-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I just have an xbox so don't know about how it would work with the ps3..
But I use the Turtle Beach X4 headset.

I would recommend a Triton Headset or one of the gamer headsets. Some of them use optical cables for sound so very little setup. I will research specific models that I know friends are using and reply with a few more answers for you either later today/tomorrow.

nsanehunter
05-05-2010, 01:06 PM
My biggest worry with the wires is that where I use play the game is a good distance from the machine. With kids and a dog long wire not a good mix.

Lokela
05-05-2010, 05:39 PM
I don't know if you'll be able to find a wireless set that will work on both. Tritton does have several wired sets that work great. They have a long cord, but probably not long enough. The wireless turtle beach's are great! They have some nice surround sound ones.

djdsf
05-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Tritton all the way, I used to have Turtle beach headphones but they break down rather quick and the sound is not great (sue to the stupid wireless set up) TT use optical for sound input, so all you need is 3 cables, 1 power cable, 1 optical cable (comes in the box) and 1 USB cable (comes in the box) to use the headset a s a PS3 mic. The down side is that you get a huge 12 Ft cable that connect from the converter to the headphones, this may be annoying to some people but I got used to it pretty quick, and the better sound quality is worth it.

If you need specific models, ether the AX Pro or the AX 720.