PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Game of All Time

r0per
05-05-2010, 08:44 AM
What is your favorite game of all time? What game do you have the fondest memories of playing with your friends?

It can be a board game, a card game, a table top game, PC or console game. Any game that you played with your friends.

nsanehunter
05-05-2010, 10:36 AM
One of my Favorite game of all time is NFL2k best football game released.

Cam-Dog
05-05-2010, 06:11 PM
Playing Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party with my cousins for about 4 hours a day for a whole year.

ColbyTS
05-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I'll never forget the rush I felt when I played Parasite Eve 2, that game changed me for the better it completely raised my standard for videogames. Thank you SQUARE

Jitterbug
05-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Best game ever played with friends was definitely Dungeons and Dragons. I loved those all-night sessions.

Achloryn
05-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Mmm.. SO many good games throughout history. For pure nostalgia, I think I would go with Super Mario World. I've been playing since before the original NES launched, but Super Mario World really revolutionized the game industry.. and I couldn't tell you how many hours I spent trying to get that perfect world - every section unlocked.

Quinstar
05-07-2010, 08:24 AM
GoldenEye hands down. My brothers would get so mad that they couldn't beat me that they would throw controllers at my head. Eventually I wasn't allowed to play with them and their friends anymore, but it was tons of fun before I was banned.

djdsf
05-09-2010, 06:18 PM
GoldenEye hands down. My brothers would get so mad that they couldn't beat me that they would throw controllers at my head. Eventually I wasn't allowed to play with them and their friends anymore, but it was tons of fun before I was banned.

Lol wtf? Controllers at your head?

Choopy
05-09-2010, 07:19 PM
There are great games all over. Most are great for different reasons like being the first of it's type, calling attention to it's type, nostalgic reasons, etc.
I'd have to say, in my opinion, World of Warcraft is the best game out there. It has great graphics, excellent replay value, deep lore, awesome multilayer, upgrade and customization facets, and more.
Granted I don't really play any more, but it kept me interested for 4 years.

Quinstar
05-11-2010, 09:43 AM
Lol wtf? Controllers at your head?

We were a very loving family. I'd beat them 3 vs 1. That never made them very happy. Don't think I ever got hit by one, so it's all good.

Farva
05-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Best Game Ever for me would have to be the original Street Fighter 2 on the SNES. Me and my friends would get drunk or stoned and play this game for hours and hours. When Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct came out, we bought them and were excited, but always found our way back to SF2.

djdsf
05-11-2010, 11:45 AM
We were a very loving family. I'd beat them 3 vs 1. That never made them very happy. Don't think I ever got hit by one, so it's all good.

Hahaha, no wonder they lost, they can't even hit you with a controller inn real life, how can they expect to beat you in a game?! hahahaha

Devette
05-14-2010, 05:59 PM

Wholeheartedly agree. Best game of all time is GoldenEye. Oh the memories.

Jitterbug
05-17-2010, 12:16 AM
I loved Goldeneye to an unnatural level, yet when I went back and played it more recently, all of my nostalgic memories were ass raped nearly as bad as my episode with George Lucas. Good Lord that game does NOT hold up well. Try and imagine playing a first person shooter with only one thumbstick. It makes NO SENSE to me anymore. I went back and played that game and was just dumb founded at how I had spent so many long hours with it. If you have managed to avoid replaying this game since you first traded up from the N64, do yourself a favor and never, Never, NEVER EVER play it again.

DavGxyz
05-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I loved Goldeneye to an unnatural level, yet when I went back and played it more recently, all of my nostalgic memories were ass raped nearly as bad as my episode with George Lucas. Good Lord that game does NOT hold up well. Try and imagine playing a first person shooter with only one thumbstick. It makes NO SENSE to me anymore. I went back and played that game and was just dumb founded at how I had spent so many long hours with it. If you have managed to avoid replaying this game since you first traded up from the N64, do yourself a favor and never, Never, NEVER EVER play it again.

I too made the same mistake. It made me really sad that the memory I had was spoiled. :( Thinking back though, Ithe game I really hammered was Mario Kart 64. Me and friends spents days doing each other over to the point of punches being thrown in retalliation to a craft banana skin!

Quinstar
05-19-2010, 01:04 PM

I'm really glad I read this. I've been thinking about pulling it out lately, but I think it's probably better left in the past. I am thrilled with my colorful memories of it and don't ever want them tainted. Goldeneye shall remain the best game ever.

Lokela
05-19-2010, 04:37 PM
My favorite game of all time, and the game I've had the most fun playing with friends is NBA Hangtime on the N64. Even still to this day we hold a mini tourny when there are at least 3 of us present. It's always a crowd pleaser.

The runner up is Tekken 4.