PDA

View Full Version : DVD Review : Beer Wars

Jitterbug
05-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm about to watch the movie Beer Wars on my Netflix Instant Watch. I'll let you know what I think when I'm done.

Jitterbug
05-02-2010, 08:43 PM
Just finished watching the movie.

For any beer fanatic out there, this is a hell of a good movie, and one that you NEED to watch. For anyone else, who is perhaps not as excited by beer as Nerves and I, it's going to be a pass for you - unless you're into American Business, as it is a pretty good generic tale of what it's like to try and sell a product in this country.

The film delves into the murky world of brewing, and more specifically, into the world of a micro brew trying to compete in the three-company (now two-company) world of BEER. While the intricacies of lager is not lost upon our brethren in Europe, the American market is saturated with watered down bilge. As the Monty Python joke goes, "American beer is a lot like having sex in a canoe; Fucking close to water."

The movie exemplifies everything Nerves and I have been trying to say about beer for the past two years of doing Talkingship: Drink Micro-Brews! Not just because they taste better, but because they represent everything that is good about American Entrepreneurship. These are companies that are tackling a behemoth that is nigh invulnerable to their attacks. They are in it because they love what they do, and they put everything they've got into their product.

After watching this film, I am reinvigorated in my quest to never drink another mass market beer. Fuck that shit. I want Micro Brews, and I want you to want the same!!! check out the film if you get a chance. It gets an 8 on the Talkingship 11 point scale. Definitely worth your time, and the fact that it is available on the Netflix Instant watch makes it that much better!

Cam-Dog
05-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Ooooh this is the movie I recommended you a month back. Now I'll have to watch it.

Lokela
05-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I watched it a few months ago, and found it pretty interesting. After watching it I looked to see if I could find any of the micro brewerys they talked about, at my local store. The only one I was able to find was Dogfish Head. But yeah, I really enjoyed the movie.

Elfslayer087
05-25-2010, 10:00 PM
I watched this a few weeks ago and I have to agree with Jitterbug this maovie has made me want to never buy a mass market beer again. I am in love with micro brews

Cam-Dog
06-30-2010, 09:46 PM
This movie made me hate Bud and the other few big companies. Sucks though all the beer that is at my disposal is the shitty stuff, best thing I can get a hold of in this town is Sierra Nevada and thats only every once and awhile.

Grantly
07-10-2010, 05:23 PM
I watched this a couple nights ago. I really don't know shit about beer, but I thought it was a really interesting movie, and definitely makes me want to try new beers.

Fisherman
07-16-2010, 06:55 PM
This was a great movie, both the Fisherwoman and I really enjoyed it.